125 Shouts - 2,091,295 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (9:02) - 17,599 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 3,197 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:02) - 2,281 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,356 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,092 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 1,023 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 848 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 1,061 plays
- But Not for Me - (2:23) - 757 plays
- Someone to Watch over Me - (2:59) - 761 plays