120 Shouts - 1,997,335 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody In Blue - (9:02) - 21,419 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 3,314 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:02) - 3,107 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 1,539 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,612 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,498 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 1,136 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue (Solo Piano) - (6:21) - 1,079 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 1,008 plays
- That Certain Feeling - (3:23) - 1,026 plays