124 Shouts - 2,045,958 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (9:02) - 18,211 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,783 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:02) - 2,748 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,427 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,185 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 958 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 843 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 985 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 691 plays
- I Got Rhythm - (1:43) - 872 plays