125 Shouts - 2,064,882 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (9:02) - 17,879 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,877 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:02) - 2,595 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,346 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,091 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 962 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 975 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 732 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 659 plays
- Someone to Watch over Me - (2:59) - 641 plays