118 Shouts - 1,925,997 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (13:38) - 23,401 plays
- Summertime - (2:23) - 3,855 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:10) - 2,782 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 1,615 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,675 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,562 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 1,083 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 1,036 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue (Solo Piano) - (6:21) - 1,090 plays
- That Certain Feeling - (3:23) - 1,215 plays