120 Shouts - 1,978,567 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (16:42) - 22,180 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 3,463 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:10) - 3,020 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 1,660 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,649 plays
- Swanee - (2:54) - 1,641 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 1,183 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue (Solo Piano) - (6:21) - 1,116 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 939 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 959 plays