124 Shouts - 2,039,159 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera Porgy and Bess (1935).
Gershwin studied piano under Charles Hambitzer and composition with Rubin Goldmark and Henry Cowell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (9:02) - 18,831 plays
- Summertime - (4:58) - 2,836 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:02) - 2,885 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,400 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,261 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 1,070 plays
- Prelude no.3 - (1:04) - 992 plays
- The Man I Love - (4:07) - 982 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue (Solo Piano) - (6:21) - 801 plays
- I Got Rhythm - (1:43) - 899 plays