114 Shouts - 1,816,533 Scrobbles
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer. He was born Jacob Gershowitz in Brooklyn, New York to Russian Jewish immigrant parents, the second of four children. George wrote most of his vocal and theatrical works together with his elder brother, lyricist Ira Gershwin. Among the many songs the two composed which are now considered jazz standards (widely performed and recorded by jazz musicians) are "But Not for Me," and "Embraceable You," as well as "The Man I Love," and "Someone to Watch Over Me.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rhapsody in Blue - (13:38) - 23,256 plays
- Summertime - (2:23) - 4,501 plays
- An American in Paris - (14:10) - 3,601 plays
- Prelude No.2 - (2:42) - 1,746 plays
- Prelude no.1 - (1:23) - 1,495 plays
- Swanee - (2:19) - 1,339 plays
- Rhapsody In Blue - Andante - (2:28) - 1,333 plays
- I Got Rhythm - (1:43) - 1,433 plays
- That Certain Feeling - (3:23) - 1,076 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (2:59) - 1,086 plays