4 Shouts - 14,254 Scrobbles
No tenor saxophonist better epitomizes the robust muscularity of that heavyweight instrument of jazz expression than George Coleman. With brilliant technique and a deeply soulful tone firmly rooted in his hometown of Memphis, George has performed with many of jazz’ most legendary figures and influenced countless saxophonists during his half century in music. Growing up in Memphis’ rich musical environment of the late ‘40s and early ‘50s, alongside such notables as Booker Little, Harold Mabern, Frank Strozier, Jamil Nasser, Hank Crawford, Phineas Newborn Jr.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- New Arrival - (7:20) - 134 plays
- Sophisticated Lady - (12:21) - 63 plays
- I Wish I Could Sing - (3:19) - 74 plays
- Amsterdam After Dark - (8:27) - 58 plays
- Moment's Notice - (9:48) - 60 plays
- Autumn In New York - (10:14) - 40 plays
- listen at that bull - (3:21) - 26 plays
- innocent Little Doggie - (7:15) - 26 plays
- Blondie's Waltz - (5:47) - 31 plays
- Apache Dance - (7:52) - 31 plays