153 Shouts - 4,078,312 Scrobbles
George Benson is a jazz guitarist born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA on 22 March 1943. He started out playing straight-ahead instrumental jazz with organist Jack McDuff. Benson got his first experience playing with his several-year stint with McDuff's group. In 1964, at the age of 21, Benson recorded his first album as leader, The New Boss Guitar, with Brother Jack McDuff on organ. Benson's next recording was It's Uptown with the George Benson Quartet with Lonnie Smith on organ and Ronnie Cuber on baritone sax.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Give Me the Night - (6:59) - 26,501 plays
- Breezin' - (5:39) - 8,065 plays
- Turn Your Love Around - (4:19) - 7,405 plays
- On Broadway - (9:23) - 6,259 plays
- This Masquerade - (7:49) - 6,244 plays
- Love X Love - (5:18) - 5,437 plays
- The Ghetto - (4:57) - 5,378 plays
- Since I Fell For You - (2:58) - 2,616 plays
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You - (4:03) - 5,276 plays
- Never Give Up On A Good Thing - (4:50) - 4,260 plays