George Benjamin (born January 31, 1960, London, England) is a British composer of classical music. He is also a conductor, pianist and teacher. Benjamin attended Westminster School and then studied with Olivier Messiaen at the Paris Conservatoire during the second half of the 1970s. Messiaen himself was reported to have described Benjamin as his favourite pupil. He then read music at King's College, Cambridge, studying under Alexander Goehr, and emerged in his early twenties as a mature and confident voice.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Part One: Chorus of Angels I (Scene I) - Scene I - (3:30) - 34 plays
- Part One: The Protector, Agnès and the Boy - Scene II - (7:47) - 18 plays
- At First Light I - (2:11) - 16 plays
- Part Two: The Protector's Bad Dream - Scene VII - (1:18) - 17 plays
- Into the Little Hill: Part One, I The Crowd - Kill them they bite / kill them they steal - (0:51) - 15 plays
- Part One: Chorus of Angels II (Scene III) - Scene III - (2:01) - 16 plays
- Part One: Agnès and the Boy - Scene IV - (8:22) - 11 plays
- Part One: Agnès and the Boy - Scene VI - (8:27) - 10 plays
- At First Light II - (10:23) - 17 plays
- Part Two: The Protector and Agnès - Scene VIII - (8:26) - 7 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online