1 Shouts - 15,187 Scrobbles
Gene Rains is a vibraphonist and leader of the Gene Rains Group, a jazz quartet from Hawaii that played a musical style known as Exotica. Rains' short career spanned the early to the mid 1960's and consisted of 4 LP recordings released on Decca Records and the Vocalion label. These LPs were released during the golden era of Hawaiian and Exotica music and the Tiki culture in the United States. The Gene Rains Group repertoire featured popular Hawaiian and Polynesian Island melodies as well as popular American tunes of the era.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lotus Land - (3:21) - 101 plays
- Hana Maui - (2:54) - 81 plays
- Africa - (3:58) - 77 plays
- Harbor Lights - (2:40) - 85 plays
- Jungle Drums - (3:04) - 60 plays
- Ringo Oiwake - (2:26) - 60 plays
- Flamingo - (2:21) - 47 plays
- Strange Cargo - (2:42) - 55 plays
- Soshu Night Serenade - (3:03) - 42 plays
- Sayonara - (2:27) - 48 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online