0 Shouts - 12,731 Scrobbles
Gene Rains is a vibraphonist and leader of the Gene Rains Group, a jazz quartet from Hawaii that played a musical style known as Exotica. Rains' short career spanned the early to the mid 1960's and consisted of 4 LP recordings released on Decca Records and the Vocalion label. These LPs were released during the golden era of Hawaiian and Exotica music and the Tiki culture in the United States. The Gene Rains Group repertoire featured popular Hawaiian and Polynesian Island melodies as well as popular American tunes of the era.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Far Across The Sea - (2:51) - 69 plays
- Lotus Land - (3:21) - 48 plays
- Harbor Lights - (2:40) - 36 plays
- Tiki - (2:57) - 30 plays
- Africa - (3:58) - 45 plays
- Jungle Drums - (3:04) - 30 plays
- Ebb Tide - (3:49) - 22 plays
- Ringo Oiwake - (2:26) - 21 plays
- Hana Maui - (2:54) - 21 plays
- Flamingo - (2:21) - 32 plays