37 Shouts - 796,048 Scrobbles
Gene Pitney (born Gene Francis Alan Pitney in Hartford, Connecticut, USA on 17 February 1940 - died 5 April 2006 (Cardiff, Wales). After a successful singing career spanning five decades, at the age of 66, he was found dead of natural causes, while in the middle of a sellout UK tour. Pitney, a pop rock pioneer, had his greatest success overall in Britain, first travelling there after his first self penned hit in 1961. "I Wanna Love My Life Away" hit #26 on the UK singles chart & just broke into the top 40 in the US.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart - (3:37) - 4,480 plays
- Town Without Pity - (2:55) - 3,385 plays
- 24 Hours from Tulsa - (3:00) - 3,250 plays
- Only Love Can Break a Heart - (2:50) - 2,856 plays
- Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa - (2:58) - 2,732 plays
- Every Breath I Take - (2:42) - 2,537 plays
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - (2:59) - 1,757 plays
- It Hurts to Be in Love - (2:31) - 1,714 plays
- (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance - (2:56) - 1,235 plays
- I'm Gonna Be Strong - (2:13) - 1,186 plays