37 Shouts - 825,238 Scrobbles
Gene Pitney (born Gene Francis Alan Pitney in Hartford, Connecticut, USA on 17 February 1940 - died 5 April 2006 (Cardiff, Wales). After a successful singing career spanning five decades, at the age of 66, he was found dead of natural causes, while in the middle of a sellout UK tour. Pitney, a pop rock pioneer, had his greatest success overall in Britain, first travelling there after his first self penned hit in 1961. "I Wanna Love My Life Away" hit #26 on the UK singles chart & just broke into the top 40 in the US.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Town Without Pity - (2:55) - 3,031 plays
- 24 Hours from Tulsa - (2:55) - 2,512 plays
- Only Love Can Break a Heart - (2:50) - 2,465 plays
- Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart - (3:37) - 3,028 plays
- Every Breath I Take - (2:42) - 2,520 plays
- Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa - (2:58) - 2,207 plays
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - (2:57) - 1,579 plays
- It Hurts to Be in Love - (2:31) - 1,457 plays
- (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance - (2:56) - 1,338 plays
- Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart - (3:32) - 1,043 plays