9 Shouts - 96,085 Scrobbles
Born Eugene Booker McDaniels, a name he used in later life, in Kansas City on February 12, 1935, Gene was a former gospel singer, signed to Liberty Records in the early 1960's where he scored American hits with original version of "Tower Of Strength" (covered successfully in the UK by Frankie Vaughan) and "A Hundred Pounds Of Clay", a UK hit for Craig Douglas. However, his influence on UK copyists brought him on a nationwide cinema tour with Gary U.S. Bonds and Johnny Burnette as well as an appearance in "It's Trad Dad", one of a series of pop-based movies of the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIf I were a tower of strength, I'd walk away
I'd look in your eyes and here's what I'd say
"I don't want you, I don't need you, I don't love you any more"
And I'd walk out that door
You'd be down on your knees
- A Hundred Pounds of Clay - (2:23) - 505 plays
- LyricsYou know that once upon a time
I didn't need you so
It would have been so easy then
For me to turn and go
But now there's no leavin' you
- Tower Of Strength - 1995 - Remaster - (2:34) - 173 plays
- Walk With A Winner - (2:55) - 118 plays
- The Point of No Return - (2:14) - 96 plays
- A Hundred Pounds Of Clay - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:24) - 99 plays
- Point Of No Return - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 77 plays
- Walk With A Winner - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:59) - 67 plays
- Chip Chip - (2:20) - 64 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online