9 Shouts - 97,970 Scrobbles
Born Eugene Booker McDaniels, a name he used in later life, in Kansas City on February 12, 1935, Gene was a former gospel singer, signed to Liberty Records in the early 1960's where he scored American hits with original version of "Tower Of Strength" (covered successfully in the UK by Frankie Vaughan) and "A Hundred Pounds Of Clay", a UK hit for Craig Douglas. However, his influence on UK copyists brought him on a nationwide cinema tour with Gary U.S. Bonds and Johnny Burnette as well as an appearance in "It's Trad Dad", one of a series of pop-based movies of the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIf I were a tower of strength, I'd walk away
I'd look in your eyes and here's what I'd say
"I don't want you, I don't need you, I don't love you any more"
And I'd walk out that door
You'd be down on your knees
- A Hundred Pounds of Clay - (2:23) - 527 plays
- Tower Of Strength - 1995 - Remaster - (2:34) - 152 plays
- LyricsYou know that once upon a time
I didn't need you so
It would have been so easy then
For me to turn and go
But now there's no leavin' you
- Walk With A Winner - (2:55) - 92 plays
- A Hundred Pounds Of Clay - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:24) - 87 plays
- Chip Chip - (2:20) - 48 plays
- The Point of No Return - (2:14) - 105 plays
- Point Of No Return - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 72 plays
- Another Tear Falls - (2:22) - 43 plays