9 Shouts - 88,905 Scrobbles
Born Eugene Booker McDaniels, a name he used in later life, in Kansas City on February 12, 1935, Gene was a former gospel singer, signed to Liberty Records in the early 1960's where he scored American hits with original version of "Tower Of Strength" (covered successfully in the UK by Frankie Vaughan) and "A Hundred Pounds Of Clay", a UK hit for Craig Douglas. However, his influence on UK copyists brought him on a nationwide cinema tour with Gary U.S. Bonds and Johnny Burnette as well as an appearance in "It's Trad Dad", one of a series of pop-based movies of the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tower of Strength - (2:13) - 1,365 plays
- A Hundred Pounds of Clay - (2:23) - 689 plays
- Point of No Return - (2:13) - 333 plays
- Tower Of Strength - 1995 - Remaster - (2:34) - 176 plays
- Tower Of Strength - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:20) - 218 plays
- Walk With A Winner - (2:55) - 135 plays
- A Hundred Pounds Of Clay - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:24) - 153 plays
- Point Of No Return - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 102 plays
- Chip Chip - (2:19) - 81 plays
- Walk With A Winner - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:59) - 99 plays