9 Shouts - 92,826 Scrobbles
Born Eugene Booker McDaniels, a name he used in later life, in Kansas City on February 12, 1935, Gene was a former gospel singer, signed to Liberty Records in the early 1960's where he scored American hits with original version of "Tower Of Strength" (covered successfully in the UK by Frankie Vaughan) and "A Hundred Pounds Of Clay", a UK hit for Craig Douglas. However, his influence on UK copyists brought him on a nationwide cinema tour with Gary U.S. Bonds and Johnny Burnette as well as an appearance in "It's Trad Dad", one of a series of pop-based movies of the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tower of Strength - (2:13) - 1,083 plays
- A Hundred Pounds of Clay - (2:23) - 653 plays
- Point of No Return - (2:13) - 191 plays
- Tower Of Strength - 1995 - Remaster - (2:34) - 162 plays
- A Hundred Pounds Of Clay - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:24) - 120 plays
- Walk With A Winner - (2:55) - 143 plays
- Point Of No Return - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 105 plays
- The Point of No Return - (2:14) - 67 plays
- Walk With A Winner - 1995 Digital Remaster - (2:59) - 70 plays
- Chip Chip - (2:20) - 48 plays