16 Shouts - 415,647 Scrobbles
Gene Krupa (January 15, 1909 – October 16, 1973) was a famous and influential American jazz and big band drummer, known for his highly energetic and flamboyant style. Many consider Krupa to be one of the most influential drummers of the 20th century, particularly regarding the development of the drum kit. Many jazz historians believe he made history in 1927 as the first kit drummer ever to record using a bass drum pedal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Drum Boogie - (3:07) - 1,091 plays
- Let Me off Uptown - (3:07) - 798 plays
- Begin the Beguine - (3:46) - 673 plays
- Sing Sing Sing - (4:51) - 586 plays
- Drummin' Man - (2:58) - 584 plays
- Sing, Sing, Sing - (12:18) - 515 plays
- Sing! Sing! Sing! - (8:40) - 451 plays
- How High the Moon - (3:17) - 438 plays
- Bolero at the Savoy - (2:54) - 297 plays
- Leave Us Leap - (3:03) - 319 plays