16 Shouts - 404,303 Scrobbles
Gene Krupa (January 15, 1909 – October 16, 1973) was a famous and influential American jazz and big band drummer, known for his highly energetic and flamboyant style. Many consider Krupa to be one of the most influential drummers of the 20th century, particularly regarding the development of the drum kit. Many jazz historians believe he made history in 1927 as the first kit drummer ever to record using a bass drum pedal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Drum Boogie - (3:07) - 1,277 plays
- Let Me off Uptown - (3:07) - 803 plays
- Drummin' Man - (2:58) - 499 plays
- Sing! Sing! Sing! - (8:40) - 474 plays
- How High the Moon - (3:17) - 334 plays
- Begin the Beguine - (3:46) - 277 plays
- Sing, Sing, Sing - (12:18) - 325 plays
- Leave Us Leap - (3:03) - 298 plays
- Do You Wanna Jump, Children? - (2:35) - 312 plays
- Sing Sing Sing - (4:51) - 297 plays