14 Shouts - 368,898 Scrobbles
Gene Krupa (January 15, 1909 – October 16, 1973) was a famous and influential American jazz and big band drummer, known for his highly energetic and flamboyant style. Many consider Krupa to be one of the most influential drummers of the 20th century, particularly regarding the development of the drum kit. Many jazz historians believe he made history in 1927 as the first kit drummer ever to record using a bass drum pedal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Drum Boogie - (3:07) - 59 plays
- Let Me Off Uptown - (3:07) - 58 plays
- Drummin' Man - (2:58) - 51 plays
- Sing! Sing! Sing! - (8:40) - 26 plays
- Opus One - (2:58) - 20 plays
- How High The Moon - (3:17) - 22 plays
- Nagasaki - (2:28) - 16 plays
- Jeepers Creepers - (3:03) - 17 plays
- Boogie Blues - (3:21) - 14 plays
- Wire Brush Stomp - (2:15) - 13 plays