16 Shouts - 396,561 Scrobbles
Gene Krupa (January 15, 1909 – October 16, 1973) was a famous and influential American jazz and big band drummer, known for his highly energetic and flamboyant style. Many consider Krupa to be one of the most influential drummers of the 20th century, particularly regarding the development of the drum kit. Many jazz historians believe he made history in 1927 as the first kit drummer ever to record using a bass drum pedal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Drum Boogie - (3:07) - 1,290 plays
- Sing! Sing! Sing! - (8:40) - 810 plays
- Let Me off Uptown - (3:07) - 859 plays
- Drummin' Man - (2:58) - 770 plays
- How High the Moon - (3:17) - 389 plays
- Leave Us Leap - (3:03) - 372 plays
- Do You Wanna Jump, Children? - (2:35) - 332 plays
- Sing, Sing, Sing - (12:18) - 384 plays
- Disc Jockey Jump - (3:07) - 292 plays
- Jeepers Creepers - (3:03) - 468 plays