82 Shouts - 529,506 Scrobbles
Better known as a dancer and movie star than a singer, Gene Kelly nevertheless turned in memorable vocal performances in the context of his movies, the MGM musicals of the 1940s and 1950s. Born on August 23, 1912(-February 2, 1996), Kelly rose to fame on Broadway before making his Hollywood debut with "For Me and My Gal" in 1942. Kelly's light, high vocals are distinctive, and he acted even as he sang, sometimes letting his voice crack at a pivotal moment (as in his vocal for the title number in "Singin' in the Rain").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDon Lockwood:
- Singing in the Rain - (4:52) - 5,682 plays
- Good Morning - (2:50) - 3,442 plays
- You Were Meant For Me - (3:14) - 1,299 plays
- Love Is Here to Stay - (2:52) - 1,118 plays
- All I Do Is Dream of You - (3:12) - 921 plays
- Moses - (2:55) - 1,023 plays
- Fit As A Fiddle - (1:38) - 849 plays
- I Got Rhythm - (3:32) - 773 plays
- You Are My Lucky Star - (2:48) - 578 plays