Gary Lewis & The Playboys
17 Shouts - 421,823 Scrobbles
Gary Lewis and the Playboys were a pop/rock group fronted by musician Gary Lewis, son of comedian Jerry Lewis, which earned its most success as a 'swinging sixties' band. Releasing four gold albums as well as many hits, songs "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "This Diamond Ring" in particular continue to receive significant airplay. The group initially auditioned for a job at Disneyland, supposedly without telling Disneyland employees about Lewis' celebrity father.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Build Me Up Buttercup - (2:58) - 12,719 plays
- LyricsWho wants to buy this diamond ring?
She took it off her finger, now it doesn't mean a thing
This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore
And this diamond ring doesn't mean what it did before
So if you've got someone whose love is true, let it shine for you
- Count Me In - (2:26) - 1,245 plays
- LyricsEvery time I see her she don't even look my way
Maybe she will notice me but then what would I say?
I would say what's on my mind
But the words are hard to find
But I'm gonna try to tell her anyway
- LyricsEverybody loves a clown, so why don't you?
Everybody laughs at the things I say and do
They all laugh when they see me comin'
But you don't laugh, you just go home runnin'
Everybody loves a clown, so why can't you?
- Save Your Heart for Me - (2:00) - 445 plays
- The Diamond Ring (Re-Recorded) - (0:30) - 189 plays
- Sealed with a Kiss - (2:26) - 219 plays
- Green Grass - (2:14) - 289 plays
- Sure Gonna Miss Her - (2:32) - 181 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online