Gary Lewis & The Playboys
17 Shouts - 318,585 Scrobbles
Gary Lewis and the Playboys were a 1960s pop group, fronted by Gary Lewis, son of comedian Jerry Lewis.
The group auditioned for a job at Disneyland, supposedly without telling Disneyland employees about Lewis' celebrity father. They were hired on the spot, audiences at Disneyland quickly accepted them, and the Playboys were soon playing to a full house every night. Band leader Les Brown had known Jerry Lewis for years, and he told record producer Snuff Garrett that the younger Lewis was playing at Disneyland.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Build Me Up Buttercup - (2:58) - 15,814 plays
- LyricsWho wants to buy this diamond ring?
She took it off her finger, now it doesn't mean a thing
This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore
And this diamond ring doesn't mean what it did before
So if you've got someone whose love is true, let it shine for you
- Count Me In - (2:21) - 2,219 plays
- LyricsEvery time I see her she don't even look my way
Maybe she will notice me but then what would I say?
I would say what's on my mind
But the words are hard to find
But I'm gonna try to tell her anyway
- LyricsEverybody loves a clown, so why don't you?
Everybody laughs at the things I say and do
They all laugh when they see me comin'
But you don't laugh, you just go home runnin'
Everybody loves a clown, so why can't you?
- Save Your Heart for Me - (1:56) - 1,375 plays
- Green Grass - (2:10) - 1,191 plays
- Sure Gonna Miss Her - (2:02) - 1,080 plays
- Sealed With a Kiss - (2:26) - 836 plays
- Doin' The Flake - (3:01) - 294 plays