Gary Lewis & The Playboys
17 Shouts - 379,222 Scrobbles
Gary Lewis and the Playboys were a 1960s pop group, fronted by Gary Lewis, son of comedian Jerry Lewis.
The group auditioned for a job at Disneyland, supposedly without telling Disneyland employees about Lewis' celebrity father. They were hired on the spot, audiences at Disneyland quickly accepted them, and the Playboys were soon playing to a full house every night. Band leader Les Brown had known Jerry Lewis for years, and he told record producer Snuff Garrett that the younger Lewis was playing at Disneyland.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Build Me Up Buttercup - (2:58) - 21,643 plays
- This Diamond Ring - (2:17) - 3,990 plays
- Count Me in - (2:26) - 1,819 plays
- She's Just My Style - (2:46) - 1,259 plays
- Everybody Loves a Clown - (2:26) - 1,054 plays
- Save Your Heart for Me - (2:00) - 821 plays
- Green Grass - (2:14) - 546 plays
- Sealed With a Kiss - (2:26) - 524 plays
- Sure Gonna Miss Her - (2:32) - 397 plays
- Jill - (2:22) - 241 plays