Gary Lewis & The Playboys
17 Shouts - 417,256 Scrobbles
Gary Lewis and the Playboys were a pop/rock group fronted by musician Gary Lewis, son of comedian Jerry Lewis, which earned its most success as a 'swinging sixties' band. Releasing four gold albums as well as many hits, songs "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "This Diamond Ring" in particular continue to receive significant airplay. The group initially auditioned for a job at Disneyland, supposedly without telling Disneyland employees about Lewis' celebrity father.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Build Me Up Buttercup - (2:58) - 24,102 plays
- LyricsWho wants to buy this diamond ring?
She took it off her finger, now it doesn't mean a thing
This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore
And this diamond ring doesn't mean what it did before
So if you've got someone whose love is true, let it shine for you
- Count Me In - (2:26) - 1,685 plays
- LyricsEvery time I see her she don't even look my way
Maybe she will notice me but then what would I say?
I would say what's on my mind
But the words are hard to find
But I'm gonna try to tell her anyway
- The Diamond Ring - (2:05) - 469 plays
- Everybody Loves a Clown - (2:26) - 599 plays
- Save Your Heart for Me - (2:00) - 500 plays
- Green Grass - (2:14) - 311 plays
- Sealed with a Kiss - (2:26) - 271 plays
- Sure Gonna Miss Her - (2:32) - 244 plays