21 Shouts - 520,734 Scrobbles
Gary Burton (born on 23 January 1943 in Anderson, Indiana) is a jazz vibraphone player, known for developing the innovative technique of playing the instrument with four mallets, rather than the usual two. He studied with Herb Pomeroy at the Berklee College of Music, where he met the composer and arranger Michael Gibbs, with whom he subsequently collaborated frequently. Burton, who released his debut album in 1961 at the age of 18, spent the early parts of his career playing with George Shearing and then in Stan Getz's piano-less mid-sixties quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Question And Answer - (6:23) - 1,543 plays
- Las Vegas Tango - (6:25) - 681 plays
- Windows - (6:15) - 664 plays
- Grow Your Own - (4:56) - 506 plays
- Like Minds - (5:48) - 456 plays
- Elucidation - (5:20) - 542 plays
- Reunion - (5:16) - 416 plays
- Moonchild/In Your Quiet Place - (7:23) - 393 plays
- Vibrafinger - (6:35) - 392 plays
- Como En Vietnam - (6:46) - 359 plays