20 Shouts - 485,336 Scrobbles
Gary Burton (born on 23 January 1943 in Anderson, Indiana) is a jazz vibraphone player, known for developing the innovative technique of playing the instrument with four mallets, rather than the usual two. He studied with Herb Pomeroy at the Berklee College of Music, where he met the composer and arranger Michael Gibbs, with whom he subsequently collaborated frequently. Burton, who released his debut album in 1961 at the age of 18, spent the early parts of his career playing with George Shearing and then in Stan Getz's piano-less mid-sixties quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Question And Answer - (6:23) - 1,576 plays
- Windows - (6:15) - 915 plays
- Elucidation - (5:20) - 752 plays
- Grow Your Own - (4:56) - 572 plays
- Futures - (10:39) - 528 plays
- Like Minds - (5:48) - 529 plays
- Moonchild/In Your Quiet Place - (7:23) - 423 plays
- Las Vegas Tango - (6:25) - 605 plays
- Soon - (6:23) - 481 plays
- Como En Vietnam - (6:46) - 399 plays