19 Shouts - 467,697 Scrobbles
Gary Burton (born on 23 January 1943 in Anderson, Indiana) is a jazz vibraphone player, known for developing the innovative technique of playing the instrument with four mallets, rather than the usual two. He studied with Herb Pomeroy at the Berklee College of Music, where he met the composer and arranger Michael Gibbs, with whom he subsequently collaborated frequently. Burton, who released his debut album in 1961 at the age of 18, spent the early parts of his career playing with George Shearing and then in Stan Getz's piano-less mid-sixties quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Question And Answer - (6:23) - 1,630 plays
- Windows - (6:15) - 1,016 plays
- Elucidation - (5:20) - 904 plays
- Grow Your Own - (4:56) - 507 plays
- Futures - (10:39) - 617 plays
- Like Minds - (5:48) - 682 plays
- Tears Of Rain - (6:31) - 535 plays
- Moonchild/In Your Quiet Place - (7:23) - 419 plays
- Soon - (6:23) - 552 plays
- For A Thousand Years - (5:22) - 507 plays