7 Shouts - 80,220 Scrobbles
Garnet Mimms (born Garrett Mimms on November 16, 1933 in Ashland, West Virginia) is an American singer, influential in soul music and rhythm and blues with Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters. He is best known for the hit "Cry Baby" (later recorded by Janis Joplin) and "A Quiet Place," a popular song in the Carolina Beach Music community. Mimms grew up in Philadelphia, where he sang in gospel music groups such as the Evening Stars, the Harmonizing Four, and the group with which he would record his first record in 1953, the Norfolk Four.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Looking For You - (2:13) - 788 plays
- As Long as I Have You - (2:48) - 426 plays
- There Goes My Baby - (2:24) - 261 plays
- Cry Baby - (3:25) - 247 plays
- It's Just A Matter Of Time - (2:50) - 121 plays
- A Little Bit Of Soap - (2:23) - 108 plays
- It Was Easier To Hurt Her - (2:48) - 114 plays
- Prove It To Me - (2:20) - 132 plays
- Welcome Home - (3:03) - 80 plays
- My Baby - (3:09) - 59 plays