7 Shouts - 79,666 Scrobbles
Garnet Mimms (born Garrett Mimms on November 16, 1933 in Ashland, West Virginia) is an American singer, influential in soul music and rhythm and blues with Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters. He is best known for the hit "Cry Baby" (later recorded by Janis Joplin) and "A Quiet Place," a popular song in the Carolina Beach Music community. Mimms grew up in Philadelphia, where he sang in gospel music groups such as the Evening Stars, the Harmonizing Four, and the group with which he would record his first record in 1953, the Norfolk Four.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Looking For You - (2:13) - 816 plays
- As Long as I Have You - (2:48) - 466 plays
- There Goes My Baby - (2:24) - 280 plays
- Cry Baby - (3:25) - 234 plays
- A Little Bit Of Soap - (2:23) - 112 plays
- It Was Easier To Hurt Her - (2:48) - 128 plays
- Prove It To Me - (2:20) - 122 plays
- Welcome Home - (3:03) - 75 plays
- It's Just A Matter Of Time - (2:50) - 82 plays
- My Baby - (3:09) - 60 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online