7 Shouts - 75,308 Scrobbles
Garnet Mimms (born Garrett Mimms on November 16, 1933 in Ashland, West Virginia) is an American singer, influential in soul music and rhythm and blues with Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters. He is best known for the hit "Cry Baby" (later recorded by Janis Joplin) and "A Quiet Place," a popular song in the Carolina Beach Music community. Mimms grew up in Philadelphia, where he sang in gospel music groups such as the Evening Stars, the Harmonizing Four, and the group with which he would record his first record in 1953, the Norfolk Four.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Looking For You - (2:13) - 964 plays
- As Long as I Have You - (2:48) - 482 plays
- Cry Baby - (3:25) - 326 plays
- There Goes My Baby - (2:24) - 328 plays
- A Little Bit Of Soap - (2:23) - 167 plays
- It Was Easier To Hurt Her - (2:48) - 126 plays
- It's Just A Matter Of Time - (2:50) - 122 plays
- For Your Precious Love - (3:28) - 99 plays
- Cry To Me - (2:25) - 104 plays
- My Baby - (3:09) - 92 plays