7 Shouts - 77,768 Scrobbles
Garnet Mimms (born Garrett Mimms on November 16, 1933 in Ashland, West Virginia) is an American singer, influential in soul music and rhythm and blues with Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters. He is best known for the hit "Cry Baby" (later recorded by Janis Joplin) and "A Quiet Place," a popular song in the Carolina Beach Music community. Mimms grew up in Philadelphia, where he sang in gospel music groups such as the Evening Stars, the Harmonizing Four, and the group with which he would record his first record in 1953, the Norfolk Four.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Looking For You - (2:13) - 797 plays
- As Long as I Have You - (2:48) - 507 plays
- There Goes My Baby - (2:24) - 280 plays
- Cry Baby - (3:25) - 239 plays
- A Little Bit Of Soap - (2:23) - 122 plays
- It Was Easier To Hurt Her - (2:48) - 131 plays
- Cry To Me - (2:25) - 91 plays
- It's Just A Matter Of Time - (2:50) - 94 plays
- My Baby - (3:09) - 60 plays
- Prove It To Me - (2:20) - 112 plays