8 Shouts - 72,438 Scrobbles
Garnet Mimms (born Garrett Mimms on November 16, 1933 in Ashland, West Virginia) is an American singer, influential in soul music and rhythm and blues with Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters. He is best known for the hit "Cry Baby" (later recorded by Janis Joplin) and "A Quiet Place," a popular song in the Carolina Beach Music community. Mimms grew up in Philadelphia, where he sang in gospel music groups such as the Evening Stars, the Harmonizing Four, and the group with which he would record his first record in 1953, the Norfolk Four.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Looking For You - (2:13) - 857 plays
- As Long as I Have You - (2:48) - 538 plays
- Cry Baby - (3:25) - 235 plays
- There Goes My Baby - (2:24) - 255 plays
- A Little Bit Of Soap - (2:23) - 185 plays
- It Was Easier To Hurt Her - (2:48) - 171 plays
- For Your Precious Love - (3:28) - 139 plays
- It's Just A Matter Of Time - (2:50) - 96 plays
- Anytime You Want Me - (3:01) - 81 plays
- Cry To Me - (2:25) - 92 plays