0 Shouts - 587,738 Scrobbles
There are several bands with this name.Read More...
1. Games, the culmination of a boyhood friendship between Dan Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never) and Joel Ford (Tigercity), is steeped in "jazz fusion and midi funk from the 70s and 80s, and Games is kind of the ultimate manifestation of our geekery." Now known as Ford & Lopatin.
2. US band Games, formed and recorded their only LP "Stargazer" in 1977. It was a private press record; the album has never seen a proper release. With its dance beats, large use of synths, soft female vocals and long compositions that can be both simple pop melodies and rather intricate instrumental parts with unusual chord progressions, the album represents one of the finest examples of merging disco music with progressive rock. It is also possible to describe the band as prog rock version of ABBA. Line-up: Colleen Fitzpatrick (vocals), David Miller (bass), Stan Tatkin (drums, percussion), David Tatkin (keyboards), Donna (Marcus) Bond (background vocals).
3. "Games were a synthpop band from Wirral, Merseyside, formed in 1980 by Brendan Coyle (synthesizer), Colin Hughes and Steve Knott (vocals, guitar). The group were influenced by electronic bands of the time, like Roxy Music, Japan and Human League" - Steam M. (See also - the games wirral - on Last Fm.)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics3 in the morning and the rain is pouring
its so boring cindy's on my mind
i catch a fever around the disbelievers
in a world of silhouettes, that keeps me alright
cindy call me up (x4)
- Everything Is Working - 56,920 plays
- Midi Drift - 77,563 plays
- Shadows in Bloom - 67,794 plays
- Planet Party - 60,649 plays
- Heartlands - 38,910 plays
- Strawberry Skies (Gatekeeper Remix) - 24,638 plays
- It Was Never Ment To Be (Games Remix) - 13,919 plays
- It Was Never Meant To Be (Games Remix) - 7,341 plays
- Strawberry Skies (Feat. Laurel Halo) - 7,499 plays