0 Shouts - 589,102 Scrobbles
Galliano were a London based "acid jazz" group, formed in 1988, who were the first signing to Eddie Piller and Gilles Peterson's Acid Jazz Records.Read More...
The original members were Rob Gallagher (vocals), Constatine Weir (vocals), and Crispin Robinson (percussion). Other important members include Valerie Etienne, who participated in the recording of all their CDs, along with other musicians such as Mick Talbot on keyboards and McKone Hernias on bass guitar.
The band fused elements of soul, funk, hip hop and jazz.
Galliano achieved the peak of its success in 1992 with "The Plot Thickens", a major work that fuses the extreme harmonies and rhythms of jazz with up-to-the-minute urban soul on tracks such as "Twyford Down", with its numerous changes of tempo, or "Travels the road" and "Long time gone".
Front man Rob Gallagher continues to perform (as of 2005/2006) as Earl Zinger and as member of Two Banks of Four.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Prince Of Peace - 57,734 plays
- Skunk Funk - 29,135 plays
- Long Time Gone - 24,415 plays
- Jus' Reach - 23,916 plays
- Slack Hands - 24,497 plays
- Totally Together - 20,438 plays
- Welcome To The Story - 19,349 plays
- So Much Confusion - 18,586 plays
- Rise And Fall - 16,085 plays
- Stoned Again - 12,378 plays