0 Shouts - 914,433 Scrobbles
There are 5 entries with the name "Gala":Read More...
1) Dance/pop/rock singer song-writer Gala has finally returned. Referred to by her fans as a “cult dance artist” for her minimalist look and haunting voice, Gala suddenly disappeared at the top of her dance/pop success.
She formed her own label, Matriarchy Records, in Brooklyn, New York and set out to redefine her sound. ‘TOUGH LOVE’ is Gala’s New York album, with influences from rock and roll, Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, Debbie Harry and on occasion, the B52’s and Prince.
Yet TOUGH LOVE doesn’t completely ignore Gala’s dance/pop past. “Freed From Desire (The Un-Remix)” still recalls her original version, “DKOL (Different Kind Of Love)” starts with a solid guitar riff but quickly adds club friendly beats, and “Do It” would be at home on a Grace Jones album.
Participants for Gala’s New York album were producer Marcus Bell, avant-garde drummer Deantoni Parks and musician/producer Kevin Rudolf co-produced the urban tinged track “Faraway.”
2) Gala is a little-known project that hails from Mexico, to date releasing one album called Gregorian Dance (published in 1994 by Polygram). Featuring seven original songs, the album is a mixture of sampled Gregorian chants mixed with dance beats and ambient instruments. All tracks are composed by Fontana and feature a variety of jazzy and dance instruments as well as some French singing and Enigma-like breathing, despite lower production values. Cosmos, is an eerie song featuring a brief, cropped sample of a Gregorian prayer as well as female chanting and some flamenco guitar flourishes. It often comes across as a pale Enigma clone: many songs feature chirpy, affected samples which are repeated and occasionally even sound out of place with the backing instrumentation. The overall sound might be considered slightly out-of-date by today's standards. Also included on the album are 5 remixes of some of the main songs, which are mostly radio versions.
3) Gala - Vesna Galiot is serbian dence pop artist
4) Gala - A Chinese band.
5) Gala - latin ethnic fusion project, which inspired by the success of Gregorian chants
combined with dance beats, mainly trance and house. Produced and arranged by Jorge Álvarez,
"Gregorian Dance" was released by Polygram in June 1994, issuing the single "Graduate" a year later...
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMy love has got no money
He's got his strong beliefs
My love has got no power
He's got his strong beliefs
My love has got no fame
- LyricsRiding backseats on night highways
Dark spaces white lights through the window
I'm moving too fast through my life
While the moon remains constant in the sky
The night is holding its breath
- LyricsI pass through noise and silence, I walk alone
It's a beautiful day, it's raining and it's cold
Reflected onto the wet pavement, can you see what I see?
The trembling image of my eyes that are still free
I pass through noise and silence, I walk alone
- Freed From Desire (Edit Mix) - 13,656 plays
- LyricsAnd anywhere you go
You're gonna hear a song
It says remember who you are and what you want
You used to know it as a kid
Now you song something else
- Faraway - 16,888 plays
- Free From Desire - 11,529 plays
- Freed from desire - edit mix - 6,395 plays
- Keep the Secret - 11,101 plays
- feed from desire - 7,222 plays