4 Shouts - 10,258 Scrobbles
Gábor Szabó (March 8, 1936 - February 26, 1982) was a Hungarian jazz guitarist, famous for mixing jazz, pop-rock and his native Hungarian music. Szabó was born in Budapest and began playing guitar at the age of 14, inspired by jazz music on the Voice of America broadcasts. He escaped Hungary and moved to the United States in 1956 and attended the Berklee School of Music in Boston. In 1958, he was invited to perform at the Newport Jazz Festival. Szabó performed with the Chico Hamilton quintet from 1961-1965.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Just a Little Communication - (7:53) - 96 plays
- Azure Blue - (4:18) - 106 plays
- Mizrab - (6:57) - 137 plays
- If You Don't Want My Love - (4:39) - 112 plays
- Breezin' - (3:13) - 95 plays
- Amazon - (4:58) - 56 plays
- Fingers - (7:35) - 57 plays
- Sophisticated Wheels - (5:07) - 53 plays
- Spellbinder - (4:05) - 64 plays
- Galatea's Guitar - (5:44) - 34 plays