18 Shouts - 203,007 Scrobbles
Furry Lewis (March 6, 1899 - September 14, 1981) was a blues guitarist from Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was one of the first of the old-time blues musicians of the 1920s to be brought out of retirement by the folk blues revival of the 1960s. Furry's style of blues was in many ways typical of the songsters who operated in and around Memphis in the 1920s, for whom the value of a song was the story it told, and who tended to back their words with hypnotic repetitive riffs and subtle slide guitars. Furry Lewis's soft voice and quick slide work were particularly effective in this style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kassie Jones - (3:05) - 954 plays
- Falling Down Blues - (2:49) - 987 plays
- I Will Turn Your Money Green - (3:05) - 831 plays
- Big Chief Blues - (3:32) - 691 plays
- Furry's Blues - (3:16) - 564 plays
- Why Don't You Come Home Blues - (5:07) - 565 plays
- Kassie Jones Part 1 - (3:07) - 411 plays
- Everybody's Blues - (2:55) - 432 plays
- John Henry - (5:07) - 398 plays
- Kassie Jones Part 2 - (3:04) - 367 plays