From Ashes Rise
0 Shouts - 1,320,022 Scrobbles
From Ashes Rise is a crust punk band formed in Nashville, Tennessee in 1997. They then relocated to Portland, Oregon. Their last album was released on Jade Tree. The band split up in fall 2005 after doing a tour with the legendary UK band Subhumans.Read More...
* Brad Boatright - Guitar, vocals, also of The Cooters
* Billy Davis - Bass and vocals, also of Tragedy
* David Atchison - Drums
* John Wilkerson - Guitar, vocals
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTo Sheer nothingness.
To the last breath of reckless abandon.
A flash to eclipse millenniums and wash away the footsteps of faithless fatalities.
To sheer nothingness, rattling the walls with the winds of decay,
while on the winds of change, the ice age is scorched in the warheaded reign.
- LyricsShockwaves resound never felt in the bastions of madness,
the sun sets unnoticed again.
In a hell of gray, a flood of locrian noise,
full of deafening rain,
sings the song of the storm:
- LyricsThe claim of the priests and the holies clerics
is that god is a master to serve without question or real consequence,
so they forge their weapons, and they hammer their plowshares into swords,
waiting for the final goodbye.
The claim of the wicked, hiding high in concealment,
- LyricsThey spin in the sky their web of wires.
They launch their toys to be the new towers.
They send their children to scorch their brothers,
and all is done by the fortunate sons as they unleash the gos of war.
- LyricsNext to nightmares, there are no dreams, shattered skulls in splitting seams.
The pounds of cancer, they just can't scream.
Six feet under, who would believe?
Days and night living with death, medicate the symptoms, but let them bleed.
We all live in hells.
- On the Fray - 54,804 plays
- The Mandate - 42,560 plays
- Bloodlust - 39,531 plays
- In a Free Land - 35,575 plays
- The Inner Beast - 40,128 plays