6 Shouts - 160,376 Scrobbles
Fritz Kreisler (February 2, 1875 – January 29, 1962) was an Austria-born American violinist and composer; one of the most famous violinists of his day. He is noted for his sweet tone and expressive phrasing. He produced a characteristic sound, which was immediately recognizable as his own. Although he was a violinist of the Franco-Belgian school, his tone and phrasing are nonetheless reminiscent of the gemütlich lifestyle of pre-war Vienna.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Liebesleid - (3:40) - 1,358 plays
- Praeludium and Allegro in the style of Pugnani (1910) - (5:28) - 713 plays
- Liebesfreud - (3:13) - 662 plays
- Serenade No. 7 in D major, K. 250, "Haffner": IV. Rondo: Allegretto (arr. F. Kreisler) - (5:31) - 363 plays
- Alt-Wiener Tanzweisen (Old Viennese Melodies): I. Liebesleid (Love's Sorrow) - (3:37) - 401 plays
- Alt-Wiener Tanzweisen (Old Viennese Melodies): II. Liebesleid (Love's Sorrow) - (3:11) - 327 plays
- Liebesleid (Love's Sorrow) - (4:14) - 581 plays
- Schön Rosmarin - (1:56) - 392 plays
- Praeludium and Allegro - (4:46) - 230 plays
- Sicilienne and Rigaudon (in the style of Francois Francoeur) - (4:00) - 156 plays