6 Shouts - 107,636 Scrobbles
Fritz Kreisler (February 2, 1875 – January 29, 1962) was an Austria-born American violinist and composer; one of the most famous violinists of his day. He is noted for his sweet tone and expressive phrasing. He produced a characteristic sound, which was immediately recognizable as his own. Although he was a violinist of the Franco-Belgian school, his tone and phrasing are nonetheless reminiscent of the gemütlich lifestyle of pre-war Vienna.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Liebesleid - (3:40) - 1,844 plays
- Liebesfreud - (3:12) - 473 plays
- Rondino on a Theme of Beethove - (2:57) - 313 plays
- Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, D. 574: I. Allegro moderato - (6:20) - 208 plays
- Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, D. 574: II. Scherzo: Presto & Trio - (4:19) - 200 plays
- Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, D. 574: III. Andantino - (3:59) - 194 plays
- Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, D. 574: IV. Allegro vivace - (5:01) - 184 plays
- Schön Rosmarin - (1:56) - 147 plays
- Tambourin Chinois - (3:25) - 114 plays
- Schon Rosmarin - (1:59) - 86 plays