Robert Fripp and Brian Eno are pioneers of what later became known as ambient music. Eno coined the term "ambient music" or at least is the first to release music under that name, and Fripp has worked extensively with guitar looping as textural "soundscapes". Their collaborations have influenced many artists and sound engineers. Robert Fripp and Brian Eno have worked together on many projects over the last 30 years, and their Fripp & Eno records from 1973-1974 are innovative milestones that at the time were extremely unusual.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Evening Star - (7:30) - 2,580 plays
- Evensong - (2:55) - 2,152 plays
- Wind on Water - (5:30) - 2,011 plays
- Wind on Wind - (3:09) - 1,733 plays
- The Heavenly Music Corporation - (21:00) - 1,843 plays
- Swastika Girls - (18:44) - 1,307 plays
- An Index of Metals - (28:45) - 1,084 plays
- Meissa - (8:06) - 537 plays
- Lyra - (7:44) - 496 plays
- Terebellum - (9:38) - 382 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online