16 Shouts - 169,172 Scrobbles
Frederick Delius (1862 – 1934) was an English composer whose musical style is characterized by chromaticism, although it is still largely tonal with luscious harmonies - mainly slow moving, with the frequent use of leitmotifs and constantly evolving melody. Orchestral excerpts from his operas, for example La Calinda from Koanga — which originated in the 1880's Florida Suite — and The Walk to the Paradise Garden from A Village Romeo and Juliet, are also reasonably often played and recorded, as are orchestral works such as On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Brigg Fair - (14:21) - 2,047 plays
- Summer Night on the River - (5:25) - 1,789 plays
- On hearing the first Cuckoo in spring - (6:24) - 1,606 plays
- In a Summer Garden - (13:55) - 469 plays
- A Song Before Sunrise - (6:00) - 309 plays
- 3 Small Tone Poems: No. 2. Winter Night, "Sleigh Ride" - (5:40) - 265 plays
- Aquarelle (Unidentified) - (2:20) - 251 plays
- Irmelin: Prelude - (5:24) - 207 plays
- The Walk to the Paradise Garden - (9:45) - 230 plays
- A Village Romeo and Juliet: The Walk to the Paradise Garden - (7:28) - 146 plays