14 Shouts - 161,435 Scrobbles
Frederick Delius (1862 – 1934) was an English composer whose musical style is characterized by chromaticism, although it is still largely tonal with luscious harmonies - mainly slow moving, with the frequent use of leitmotifs and constantly evolving melody. Orchestral excerpts from his operas, for example La Calinda from Koanga — which originated in the 1880's Florida Suite — and The Walk to the Paradise Garden from A Village Romeo and Juliet, are also reasonably often played and recorded, as are orchestral works such as On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Summer Night on the River - (5:25) - 1,681 plays
- On hearing the first Cuckoo in spring - (6:24) - 1,318 plays
- Brigg Fair - (14:21) - 728 plays
- In a Summer Garden - (13:55) - 452 plays
- A Song Before Sunrise - (6:00) - 275 plays
- Aquarelle (Unidentified) - (2:20) - 271 plays
- 3 Small Tone Poems: No. 2. Winter Night, "Sleigh Ride" - (5:40) - 249 plays
- Irmelin: Prelude - (5:24) - 243 plays
- Irmelin Prelude - (4:15) - 190 plays
- The Walk to the Paradise Garden - (9:45) - 199 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online