12 Shouts - 139,200 Scrobbles
Frederick Delius (1862 – 1934) was an English composer whose musical style is characterized by chromaticism, although it is still largely tonal with luscious harmonies - mainly slow moving, with the frequent use of leitmotifs and constantly evolving melody. Orchestral excerpts from his operas, for example La Calinda from Koanga — which originated in the 1880's Florida Suite — and The Walk to the Paradise Garden from A Village Romeo and Juliet, are also reasonably often played and recorded, as are orchestral works such as On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On hearing the first Cuckoo in spring - (6:24) - 957 plays
- Aquarelle (Unidentified) - (2:20) - 687 plays
- Summer Night on the River - (5:25) - 342 plays
- Koanga: La Calinda - (3:28) - 292 plays
- Irmelin: Prelude - (5:24) - 272 plays
- In a Summer Garden - (15:37) - 259 plays
- Henry V: Passacaglia On the Death of Falstaff - (2:53) - 330 plays
- A Song before Sunrise - (6:00) - 212 plays
- Irmelin Prelude - (4:15) - 151 plays
- Marche Caprice - (3:36) - 113 plays