10 Shouts - 97,836 Scrobbles
Lionel Frederick Cole was born on October 15, 1931, the youngest of Edward and Paulina Nancy Cole's five children. His three elder brothers, Eddie, Ike and Nat (twelve years Freddy's senior) were all musicians.
"I started playing piano at five or six," Freddy remembers. "Music was all around me." In the Chicago home of his youth, visitors included Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Lionel Hampton. He also credits Billy Eckstine as a major influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Waiter, Ask The Man To Play The Blues - (2:17) - 258 plays
- Brother Where Are You - (4:48) - 172 plays
- Black Coffee - (2:40) - 105 plays
- Muddy Water Blues - (2:16) - 130 plays
- Sunday Kind of Love - (6:36) - 81 plays
- Correct Me If I`m Wrong - (4:38) - 87 plays
- Live For Life - (0:30) - 65 plays
- I Will Wait For You - (4:36) - 156 plays
- Wild Is Love - (3:31) - 60 plays
- Moving On Place In The Sun - (3:55) - 56 plays