10 Shouts - 94,362 Scrobbles
Lionel Frederick Cole was born on October 15, 1931, the youngest of Edward and Paulina Nancy Cole's five children. His three elder brothers, Eddie, Ike and Nat (twelve years Freddy's senior) were all musicians.
"I started playing piano at five or six," Freddy remembers. "Music was all around me." In the Chicago home of his youth, visitors included Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Lionel Hampton. He also credits Billy Eckstine as a major influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Waiter, Ask The Man To Play The Blues - (2:17) - 284 plays
- Brother Where Are You - (4:48) - 182 plays
- Sunday Kind of Love - (6:36) - 93 plays
- Muddy Water Blues - (2:16) - 89 plays
- Correct Me If I`m Wrong - (4:38) - 96 plays
- I Will Wait For You - (4:36) - 86 plays
- Isn't She Lovely - (4:22) - 43 plays
- Blame It On My Youth - (3:02) - 53 plays
- Don't Change Your Mind About Me - (4:32) - 105 plays
- Live For Life - (0:30) - 64 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online