10 Shouts - 89,238 Scrobbles
Lionel Frederick Cole was born on October 15, 1931, the youngest of Edward and Paulina Nancy Cole's five children. His three elder brothers, Eddie, Ike and Nat (twelve years Freddy's senior) were all musicians.
"I started playing piano at five or six," Freddy remembers. "Music was all around me." In the Chicago home of his youth, visitors included Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Lionel Hampton. He also credits Billy Eckstine as a major influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Waiter, Ask The Man To Play The Blues - (2:17) - 281 plays
- Brother Where Are You - (4:48) - 246 plays
- Correct Me If I`m Wrong - (4:38) - 122 plays
- Sunday Kind of Love - (6:36) - 105 plays
- Isn't She Lovely - (4:22) - 66 plays
- A Place In the Sun (Movin' On) - (4:55) - 52 plays
- Live For Life - (0:30) - 58 plays
- Wild Is Love - (3:31) - 77 plays
- Don't Change Your Mind About Me - (4:32) - 75 plays
- Easy to Love - (7:05) - 46 plays