1 Shouts - 45,827 Scrobbles
Frederick Charles Slack (August 7, 1910 – August 10, 1965) was an American swing and boogie-woogie pianist and bandleader. Born in Viroqua, Wisconsin, he learned to play drums as a boy. Later he took up xylophone and at 13 changed to piano. He studied with a local teacher throughout high school. At 17 his parents moved to Chicago where he continued his musical training. He met Rosy McHargue, a well known clarinetist, who took him to hear many leading musicians including Bix Beiderbecke and Earl Hines.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cow Cow Boogie - (3:14) - 38 plays
- Rockin' the Boogie - (2:32) - 48 plays
- Down The Road - (3:12) - 15 plays
- Strange Cargo - (3:01) - 14 plays
- The House of Blue Lights - (2:55) - 11 plays
- Small Batch O' Nod - (3:01) - 5 plays
- Blackout Boogie - (2:29) - 6 plays
- Furlough Fling - (2:45) - 8 plays
- Beatin' With Chopsticks - (2:20) - 4 plays
- Be-Bop Boogie - (3:01) - 8 plays