0 Shouts - 7,190,925 Scrobbles
Franz Peter Schubert (1797-1828) was an Austrian composer. He wrote some 600 lieder, nine symphonies (including the famous "Unfinished Symphony"), liturgical music, operas, and a large body of chamber and solo piano music. He is particularly noted for his original melodic and harmonic writing.Read More...
Schubert was born on 31st January 1797 into a musically knowledgeable family, and received formal musical training through much of his childhood. While Schubert had a close circle of friends and associates who admired his work (including his teacher Antonio Salieri, and the prominent singer Johann Michael Vogl), wide appreciation of his music during his lifetime was limited at best. He was never able to secure adequate permanent employment, and for most of his career he relied on the support of friends and family. He made some money from published works, and occasionally gave private musical instruction. In the last year of his life he began to receive wider acclaim. He died at the age of thirty-one, on 19th November 1828, apparently of complications from syphilis.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ave Maria - 607,820 plays
- Moments Musicaux, D780 N 3 en Fa Mineur - 263,470 plays
- Moments Musicaux, D780 N 1 en Ut Majeur - 173,266 plays
- Fantaisie en Ut majeur "WANDERER", D760. presto - 141,941 plays
- Impromptu No. 3 in G flat major - 139,043 plays
- Rosamunde - Ballett Musik Nr.I (Attacca) - 134,400 plays
- II. Andante con moto - 121,558 plays
- Der Lindenbaum - 129,688 plays
- Andante con moto - 120,354 plays
- Standchen - 115,554 plays