32 Shouts - 439,419 Scrobbles
Frankie Avalon born Francis Thomas Avallone (born 18 September 1939 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) was an American actor, singer and teen idol in the 1950s and early 1960s. By the time he was 12 (1951), Avalon began making appearances on U.S. television for his trumpet prowess, and as a teenager, played with Bobby Rydell in a band known as Rocco and the Saints. In 1959, his songs "Venus" and "Why?" both went to number one on Billboard magazine's Hot 100. Indeed, "Why" was the last #1 hit of the 1950s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venus - (2:22) - 7,282 plays
- Beauty School Dropout - (3:59) - 4,874 plays
- Why - (2:37) - 1,988 plays
- Bobby Sox to Stockings - (2:41) - 759 plays
- Beauty School Drop-Out - (3:59) - 854 plays
- Ginger Bread - (2:04) - 701 plays
- Just Ask Your Heart - (2:31) - 630 plays
- Blue Christmas - (2:57) - 1,073 plays
- A Merry Christmas - (2:10) - 484 plays
- Dede Dinah - (2:13) - 464 plays