1,237 Shouts - 17,006,729 Scrobbles
Frank Turner (born 28 December 1981) is an English folk/punk singer-songwriter from Meonstoke, Hampshire. Initially the vocalist of post-hardcore band Million Dead, Turner embarked upon a primarily acoustic-based solo career following the band's split in 2005. To date, Turner has released five solo albums, two rarities compilation albums, one split album and five EPs. Turner's fifth studio album, Tape Deck Heart was released on 22 April 2013.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBlacking in and out in a strange flat in east London. Somebody I don't really know just gave me something to help settle me down and to stop me from always thinking about you. And you know your life is heading in a questionable direction when you're up for days with strangers and you can't remember anything except the way you sounded when you told me you didn't know what I should do.
It's a long road out to recovery from here, a long way back to the light. A long road out to recovery from here, a long way to making it right
And I've been waking in the morning just like every other day and just like every boring blues song I get swallowed by the pain, and so I fumble for your figure in the darkness just to make it go away. But you're not lying there any longer and I know that thats my fault so I've been pounding on the floor and I've been crawling on the walls and I've been dipping in my darkness and serotonin boosters, cider and some kind of smelling salts.
Its a long road out to recovery from here, a long way back to the light. A long road out to recovery from here, a long way to making it right.
And on the first night we met you said well darling let's make a deal, if anybody ever asks us let's just tell them that we met in jail. And that's the story that I'm sticking to like a stony faced accomplice but tonight I need to hear some truth if Im ever getting through this. Yeah you once sent me a letter that said If youre lost at sea, close your eyes and catch the tide my dear and only think of me. Well darling now I'm sinking and I'm as lost as lost can be and I was hoping you can drag me off and down into my recovery.
- The Way I Tend To Be - (3:41) - 39,094 plays
- LyricsHear ye, hear ye
Friends and Romans, countrymen
Hear ye, hear ye
Punks and skins and journeymen
Hear ye, hear ye
- LyricsJust give me one fine day of plain sailing weather
And I can fuck up anything, anything.
It was a wonderful life when we were together,
And now I've fucked up every little goddamn thing.
Amelie lied to me, this was supposed to be easy.
- LyricsWell, I guess I should confess
That I am starting to get old
All the latest music fads
All passed me by and left me cold
All the kids are talking slang
- Losing Days - (3:33) - 21,554 plays
- Four Simple Words - (4:57) - 21,834 plays
- Wessex Boy - (3:35) - 16,068 plays
- If Ever I Stray - (2:55) - 17,551 plays
- Polaroid Picture - (3:43) - 17,265 plays