7 Shouts - 19,804 Scrobbles
A tenor saxophonist influenced by John Coltrane, Frank Lowe (b. 24 June 1943 - d. 9 Sept. 2003), a Memphis native who relocated from San Francisco to New York in 1966, participated in Alice Coltrane's World Galaxy (November 1971) and Don Cherry's Relativity Suite (February 1973). After a creative Duo Exchange (September 1972) with percussionist Rashied Ali, Lowe debuted as a leader with Black Beings (March 1973), leading a quintet with saxophonist Joseph Jarman, bassist William Parker, violin and drums that careened through Lowe's 25-minute In Trane's Name and Jarman's Thulani.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Brother Joseph - (4:44) - 113 plays
- In Trane's Name - (33:27) - 66 plays
- Chu's Blues - (6:20) - 33 plays
- Thulani - (16:01) - 35 plays
- Fresh - (6:16) - 28 plays
- Sun Voyage - 31 plays
- Play Some Blues - (4:50) - 21 plays
- I'll Whistle Your Name - (3:27) - 20 plays
- Decision In Paradise - (5:05) - 21 plays
- Flam - 21 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online