7 Shouts - 18,888 Scrobbles
A tenor saxophonist influenced by John Coltrane, Frank Lowe (b. 24 June 1943 - d. 9 Sept. 2003), a Memphis native who relocated from San Francisco to New York in 1966, participated in Alice Coltrane's World Galaxy (November 1971) and Don Cherry's Relativity Suite (February 1973). After a creative Duo Exchange (September 1972) with percussionist Rashied Ali, Lowe debuted as a leader with Black Beings (March 1973), leading a quintet with saxophonist Joseph Jarman, bassist William Parker, violin and drums that careened through Lowe's 25-minute In Trane's Name and Jarman's Thulani.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Brother Joseph - (4:44) - 83 plays
- In Trane's Name - (33:27) - 60 plays
- Fresh - (6:16) - 39 plays
- Chu's Blues - (6:20) - 36 plays
- Thulani - (16:01) - 36 plays
- Epistrophy - (7:42) - 32 plays
- Play Some Blues - (4:50) - 36 plays
- Sun Voyage - 50 plays
- Be-Bo-Bo-Be - 43 plays
- I'll Whistle Your Name - (3:27) - 35 plays