41 Shouts - 97,477 Scrobbles
Fairfield, a street musician who plays banjo, fiddle, and guitar and sings traditional folk songs as you would imagine they were sung when they were first written, is only just getting used to the idea of playing music venues alongside rock musicians. He is also an avid collector of 78 rpm recordings of American folk and mountain music and is working on plans to build his own spring motor gramophones.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Frazier Blues - (4:22) - 1,034 plays
- LyricsCall me a dog when I'm gone, gone, gone
You call me a dog when I'm gone
But when I get back with a ten dollar bill
It's "Honey, where you been so long?"
Been all around old Kentucky and
- LyricsNine pound hammer is just a little too heavy
For my size, baby for my size
Take this hammer show it to my captain
Tell him I'm gone, baby tell him I'm
If he asks you where I went to
- Kings County Breakdown - (3:05) - 654 plays
- Poor Old Lance - (3:51) - 734 plays
- Cumberland Gap - (3:34) - 564 plays
- The Winding Spring - (1:49) - 678 plays
- The Dying Cowboy - (4:07) - 470 plays
- The Blackberry Blossoms - (1:50) - 440 plays
- Someday You'll Be Free - (3:27) - 505 plays