0 Shouts - 570,004 Scrobbles
AKA Komet, he works as a musician, composer and video artist in Berlin. His work is known for precise sound placement, complex, interwoven rhythm structures and its minimal, flowing approach. Described as “abstract analogue pointilism”, “ambience for spaceports” or “hypnotic echochamber pulsebeat”, Bretschneider’s subtle and detailed music is echoed by his visuals: perfect translated realizations of the qualities found in music within visual phenomena.Read More...
After studying fine arts and publishing several graphic editions, he began to satisfy his obsession for electronic music in 1984 by starting his first tape experiments and running a cassette label. With the founding of AG Geige in 1986, a successful and influential band of East Germany’s musical underground, he began to explore the possibilities of an exchange between visual art and music by various means such as film, video or computer graphics. After the fall of the wall and the split of the band, Bretschneider continued producing music. In 1996, he and Olaf Bender founded the record label Rastermusic which eventually merged with Carsten Nicolai’s label Noton to form raster-noton in 1999. Since then he has been releasing his work through several record labels including 12k, Mille Plateaux, Quatermass, and Whatness, while contributing to some well-known compilations such as “Clicks & Cuts” on Mille Plateaux or Raster-Noton’s “20′ To 2000” series.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Soft Throbbing of Time - 21,880 plays
- The Big Black and White Game - 16,946 plays
- We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - 15,935 plays
- The Eight Day People - 16,286 plays
- Other Days, Other Eyes - 16,289 plays
- Construction Shack - 14,540 plays
- The Moon Is a Hole in the Sky - 13,393 plays
- The October Game - 12,511 plays
- All Summer In a Day - 12,846 plays
- Looping III - 7,178 plays