29 Shouts - 676,971 Scrobbles
Francis Jean Marcel Poulenc (January 7, 1899 - January 30, 1963) was a French composer and a member of the French Group Les Six. He was a Parisian by birth and death, and always preferred the city to the country. His mother, an amateur pianist, taught him to play, and music formed a part of family life.
Poulenc was a member of Les Six, a group of young French composers, Darius Milhaud, Georges Auric, Louis Durey, Arthur Honegger and Germaine Tailleferre, who also had links with Erik Satie and Jean Cocteau.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sonata for Flute and Piano: 1. Allegro malincolico - (4:47) - 1,155 plays
- Sonata for Clarinet and Piano: 1. Allegro tristement - Extract - (2:53) - 895 plays
- Quem Vidistis Pastores Dicite - (2:41) - 567 plays
- Sonate for Violoncello and Piano: Cavatine - (7:18) - 457 plays
- 4 Motets pour le temps de Noel: No. 1. O magnum mysterium - (3:20) - 353 plays
- Sanglots - (4:34) - 357 plays
- O Magnum Mysterium - (2:43) - 252 plays
- Gnossienne No. 3 - (2:16) - 204 plays
- Messe en Sol majeur: V. Agnus Dei . Très pur, très clair modéré - (4:45) - 156 plays
- Salve Regina - (5:11) - 214 plays