29 Shouts - 670,816 Scrobbles
Francis Jean Marcel Poulenc (January 7, 1899 - January 30, 1963) was a French composer and a member of the French Group Les Six. He was a Parisian by birth and death, and always preferred the city to the country. His mother, an amateur pianist, taught him to play, and music formed a part of family life.
Poulenc was a member of Les Six, a group of young French composers, Darius Milhaud, Georges Auric, Louis Durey, Arthur Honegger and Germaine Tailleferre, who also had links with Erik Satie and Jean Cocteau.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sonata for Flute and Piano: 1. Allegro malincolico - (4:47) - 1,148 plays
- Sonata for Clarinet and Piano: 1. Allegro tristement - Extract - (2:53) - 817 plays
- Quem Vidistis Pastores Dicite - (2:41) - 523 plays
- Sonate for Violoncello and Piano: Cavatine - (7:18) - 494 plays
- 4 Motets pour le temps de Noel: No. 1. O magnum mysterium - (3:20) - 348 plays
- Sanglots - (4:34) - 375 plays
- Gloria: I. Gloria In Excelsis Deo - (2:43) - 256 plays
- Messe en Sol majeur: V. Agnus Dei . Très pur, très clair modéré - (4:45) - 171 plays
- Aubade - (1:24) - 188 plays
- Gnossienne No. 3 - (2:16) - 197 plays