29 Shouts - 624,877 Scrobbles
Francis Jean Marcel Poulenc (January 7, 1899 - January 30, 1963) was a French composer and a member of the French Group Les Six. He was a Parisian by birth and death, and always preferred the city to the country. His mother, an amateur pianist, taught him to play, and music formed a part of family life.
Poulenc was a member of Les Six, a group of young French composers, Darius Milhaud, Georges Auric, Louis Durey, Arthur Honegger and Germaine Tailleferre, who also had links with Erik Satie and Jean Cocteau.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gymnopedie, No. 1 - (2:56) - 624 plays
- Sanglots - (4:42) - 427 plays
- Aubade - (1:24) - 279 plays
- Gnossienne No. 3 - (2:16) - 345 plays
- Stabat Mater dolorosa - (4:07) - 373 plays
- Sept Répons des Ténèbres, FP 181: VII. Ecce quomodo moritur justus - (6:02) - 229 plays
- Nocturne No. 1 - (3:21) - 910 plays
- No. 7 in C major - (2:17) - 166 plays
- Sarabande No. 2 - (3:47) - 218 plays
- Sonata for Flute and Piano : 1. Allegro malincolico - (4:29) - 168 plays