20 Shouts - 698,552 Scrobbles
François Couperin (1668–1733) was a French Baroque composer, organist, and harpsichordist. He was known as "Couperin le Grand" (Couperin the Great) to distinguish him from the other members of the musically talented Couperin family, and because of his immense virtuosity on the organ and the harpsichord. Born on 10th November 1668 in Paris, Couperin was taught by his father Charles Couperin and by Jacques Thomelin.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Les Abeilles - (1:21) - 893 plays
- Gavotte - (2:12) - 687 plays
- Troisième Leçon de Ténèbres à 2 voix (François Couperin) - (12:48) - 477 plays
- Concerts royaux: Concerto No. 3 in A major: VI. Muzette - (3:10) - 376 plays
- Prelude - (1:45) - 375 plays
- Deo Gratias - (0:53) - 299 plays
- Les Baricades Mistérieuses (6e ordre) - (1:40) - 329 plays
- 6E Ordre For Harpsichord (Pièces De Clavecin, Ii) - (4:56) - 279 plays
- Seconde Courante - (2:16) - 255 plays
- François Couperin: Les Nations: La Françoise, VIII. Menuet - (1:15) - 468 plays