Foster the People
5,547 Shouts - 41,392,203 Scrobbles
Foster the People is an indie rock/indie pop band that formed in Los Angeles, California, United States in 2009. The band consists of Mark Foster (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Cubbie Fink (bass, vocals) and Mark Pontius (drums). The band released their debut self-titled EP in January 2011. The band's debut full length album, Torches, was released on May 24, 2011 on Star Time/Columbia. Their first single "Pumped Up Kicks" was a sleeper hit during the summer of 2011 and peaked at #1 on the Billboard Alternative Songs Chart, #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #18 on the UK Singles Chart.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsRobert's got a quick hand.
He'll look around the room,
he wont tell you his plan.
He's got a rolled cigarette
hanging out his mouth.
- LyricsSometimes life it takes you by the hair, pulls you down
Before you know it, it's gone and you're dead again
I've been in places and I won't pretend
That I'd make it out just to fall on my head
Wake up strange I take the walk downstairs
- LyricsRise above, gonna start the war!
Oh, what you want, what you need
What'd you come here for?
Well, an eye for an eye and an 'f' for fight
Taking me down as the prisoners riot
- LyricsWell, I see ya standing there like a rabid dog
And you got those crying eyes
Makes me wanna surrender and wrap you in my arms
You know I try to live without regrets
I'm always moving forward and not looking back
- Lyrics(When your best friends are strung out)
You'll do everything you can
'Cause you're never gonna let it get em down
(When you find it all around)
Yeah, it comes in waves, but it's hardest from the start
- Call It What You Want - (3:58) - 210,760 plays
- Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) - (2:54) - 187,052 plays
- I Would Do Anything for You - (4:14) - 139,475 plays
- Waste - (3:25) - 129,035 plays
- Are You What You Want to Be? - (4:30) - 147,687 plays