0 Shouts - 124,978 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name:Read More...
1) Dutch Rock band from Groenlo
2) Polish thrash metal band from Kraków
3) Australian RAC band
4) Swiss 80s Heavy Metal band (Basel)
5) An alias of a Dutch trance music producer Alex “Jamez” Dijksterhuis.
6) Drumnbass duo from Canada
7) Latvian blues band, formed in 1991
8) US Heavy Metal band from Kansas City, Missouri
9) US Heavy Metal band from California
10) Thrash Metal from Brazil (Frorianópolis)
11) Thrash Metal from USA (Texas)
12) Thrash Metal from England (Skelton-York)
13) Neoclassical Power Metal from Hungary (Nyíregyház)
14) Melodic Heavy Metal from Germany (Munich)
15) Heavy Rock band from Copenhagen, Denmark - They spell their name "Förtress" (Ö instead of O).
1) One of the best known Rock bands from the east of The Netherlands.
2) Fortress is a Polish thrash metal band from Kraków (Cracow).
In 2006 three young musicians from Cracow, fascinated by the music of the 80s - Tomek Przewor, Kuba Kurek and Michał Jabłoński, decided to create thrash/speed metal band. They called it Fortress and become a part of the new wave of thrash metal.
At the very beginning they could not find a vocalist and a drummer. After all they established lineup with Grzesiek Madej on vocals and Dawid Kielar as a drummer, in which they planned to record their first demo. Unfortunetly Dawid had left the band before the recordings started. Despite that fact, in 2007 they recorded a demo titled Welcome to Insanity involving Dominik Burzym, the session drummer. Demo contains three tracks - title track Welcome to Insanity, Night Guest and Self Disintegration.
Drummer Michał Baniowski joined the band, but at the same time Grzesiek had to leave. The band was trying to find somebody who could replace Grzesiek, which resulted in short-term co-operation with
Tymek “Hellstorm” Jędzrzejczyk (Retribution). Finally they did not find anyone on a permanent basis, so band’s bassist, Tomek Przewor, decided to link the bassist and vocalist roles. The band still plays in this lineup. In 2008 they recorded two new tracks - Justice Denied and Rat King, which appeared on their EP called Toxic Thrash . The EP contains theese songs and the tracks from their demo. At the moment the band is finishing the recording of their debut album and is looking for the label. Fortress has performed extensively in Cracow and its surroundings, and enjoys considerable recognition in the local community.
In March 2010 polish heavy metal band Mayhayron released split album called Decade al Dente in ocassion of their 10th anniversary. Split contains Fortress brand new track - I Like To Watch from their upcoming LP titled Modern Days Society.
Link for my space profile: http://www.myspace.com/fortresskill [You can contact the band via their myspace profile.]
3) By far the best known Australian RAC band is called Fortress, which works out of Melbourne. Like most such bands, it is largely the product of a specific skinhead group, in this case the Melbourne "Southern Cross Hammer Skins". Fortress even shared a post-office box with the Hammer Skins in their early days.
Fortress has produced a total of five CDs of their own since forming in 1991, and has also been extensively involved in collaborations with neo-Nazi bands from Britain and the US, resulting in several other albums. They have played neo-Nazi gigs in Sweden, Germany, England, Hungary, Switzerland, Italy and Finland, as well as Australia. Individual members of Fortress have also been involved in performances in the US.
Members of Destroyer 666 are involved.
4) Fortress was a swiss Heavy Metal band that released a single 4-Track EP back in 1986.
5) Fortress is an alias of a Dutch trance music producer Alex “Jamez” Dijksterhuis. His most famous release as Fortress is “An Angel Saved My Life” (2000) which appeared on several compilations. His other two releases are “Scattered” and “Sun”, both from 2000. He also remixed four tracks using this alias. All of his releases as Fortress were released by Superstition. He released his productions using more than ten different aliases.
6) Fortress is a drumnbass duo from canada: Tobi Chamberland and David Russell, first release on Symptom: http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/fortress
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- An Angel Saved My Life (Mark Shimmon & 3rd Degree Bern's mix) - 11,594 plays
- An Angel Saved My Life [Mark Shimmon & 3rd Degree Bern's Mix] - 5,524 plays
- Justice Denied - 2,856 plays
- Angel Saved My Life (Mark Shimmon & 3RD Degree Bern's Mix) - 2,386 plays
- Rat King - 2,447 plays
- An angel saved my life (mark s - 2,900 plays
- Night Guest - 1,867 plays
- Welcome to insanity - 1,530 plays
- Commie Scum - 4,458 plays
- Victory or Valhalla - 3,752 plays