0 Shouts - 55,895 Scrobbles
Florin Stoian (b. 1979, Bucharest, Romania), better known under the stage name of Florin Salam and (previously) Florin Fermecătoru, is a Roma singer of manele from Romania. He is one of the best known and appreciated manele performers.Read More...
Stoian sings since he was a child; his first contact with music took place at age of four. His father and uncle were well-known lăutari. He debuted in 2002 with help from bandleader Dan Bursuc. His first hit single was “Ce gagică şmecherită” (Romanian: “Such a picky chick”.) He played an important part when the smash hit “Of, viaţa mea” (Romanian: “Oh, my life”) came into existence in 2000, as sung by Adrian Minune and Costi Ioniţă. By the end of year 2002, Florin Stoian changed his stage name from Fermecătoru into Salam (Arabian: “peace”, cf. Hebrew “shalom”.)
In 2008, he performed a song together with pop singer Paula Seling and the Bucharest Symphonic Orchestra. The show host described their performance as a reconciliation between manele and pop music; in the same respect, the song’s lyrics raised the problem of social intolerance.
Florin Stoian is the vice-president of Asociaţia Artiştilor, Muzicanţilor şi Lăutarilor Romi din România (Romanian: “The association of Roma artists, musicians and lăutari from Romania”.) In December 2005, he was announced the the best manele performer of the year 2005. According to the daily paper “Libertatea,” politician Mădălin Voicu and football player Marius Niculae count among his fans.
Florin’s parents are called Maria and Robert Stoian. In September 2007, he married Ştefania Victoria, his first wife according to the Roma law; groomsman was manele singer Adrian Minune. The wedding took place in the Anatolia Resort (Turkey.) The couple gave birth to two children. On April 12th, 2009, Ştefania (aged 27) died from hepatic cirrhosis.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Te-Am Iubit / I Loved You - 1,320 plays
- Vreau Sa-Mi Impart Viata Cu Tine / I Wanna Share My Life With You - 819 plays
- Pentru Bani Am Suferit / I Suffered For My Fortune - 816 plays
- Nimeni Nu Te Va Iubi / Nobody Loves You - 877 plays
- Ma Vrei Si Tu, Te Vreau Si Eu / I Want You, You Want Me - 667 plays
- Saint Tropez - 1,615 plays
- Adio Dar Ramai Cu Mine / Goodbye, But Stay With Me - 616 plays
- Tu Cu Mine (House Remix) / You With Me (House Remix) - 677 plays
- Viata Nu Inseamna Avere / Life Doesn'T Mean The Fortune - 465 plays
- Poate Am Dat O Spargere (Live) / Maybe I Organised An Holdup (Live) - 336 plays