0 Shouts - 1,713,935 Scrobbles
1. Derek William Dick, better known as Fish (born 25 April 1958 in Dalkeith, Midlothian) is a Scottish progressive rock singer, writer and actor. After an early career as a gardener and forestry worker, he came to public attention in 1981 with the British group Marillion, which he left in 1988.Read More...
Album sleeve artwork for his four Marillion albums and most of his solo albums has been done by Mark Wilkinson.
Fish is not to be confused with Phish, Chris Squire (“The Fish”), Barry Melton ("the Fish" of Country Joe & the Fish), Grossa or Bradley Fish.
He has worked with many other artists, including Tony Banks (Genesis) and Arjen Anthony Lucassen’s (Ayreon) as the Highlander in Into the Electric Castle.
2. Fish is a Chinese experimental electronic musician.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDo you still keep paper flowers in the bottom drawer with your belgian lace
Taking them out every year to watch the colors fade away?
Do you still believe in fairy tales, in battlements of shining castles
Safe from the dragons that lie beneath the hill?
Are you still a russian princess rescued by a gypsy dancer
- LyricsWhere beggars take cheques and children steal credit cards
From the pockets of wrecks that lie in the road
I came to in my future that was just yesterday
Unsure of my past, that's a knot in my gut
You buy me a drink then you think that you've got the right
- LyricsI heard a battle raging on the other side of the wall.
I buried my head in a pillow and tried to ignore it all.
Every night when I hear you, I dream of breaking down your door.
An avenging knight in shining armour, to rescue you from it all.
From this family business, family business.
- LyricsDo you remember the magic of the moment
When forever was only words away?
When we believed everything was certain
And all we had to do was fulfill promises we'd made
And cherish hope between us and our dreams were always safe
- LyricsI found a new religion yesterday; I'd just cleared immigration; JFK.
A priest got in a cadillac; the shoe shine boy sang gospel,
As God and his accountants drove away.
You'll see him coast to coast on live tv, in a stadium,
Rocked by Satan just the night before.
- Internal Exile - 31,034 plays
- State Of Mind - 32,894 plays
- Lady Let It Lie - 27,172 plays
- Vigil - 33,496 plays
- Kayleigh - 25,562 plays