0 Shouts - 155,077 Scrobbles
There are four artists who use or have used the name Fireflies:Read More...
1. Fireflies is Lisle Mitnik. He grew up in the tundras of New England playing classical piano and one day moved to California to go to school and decided to start writing songs. He bought a portastudio and started recording, combining his love for lo-fi indie recordings of the 1980s and 90s with his unrefined knowledge of classical arrangement. He tries to craft each song into a tiny snow-globe-sized universe you can curl up in and get lost for a little while.
2. Fireflies is also the name of a pop-punk band from New York City who offer plenty of group photos on their MySpace.
3. The Fireflies were also a doo-wop group from Philadelphia. Formed in 1957, they lasted for a decade before disbanding in 1967.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- X-mas Song - 10,641 plays
- I Was a Brontosaurus - 6,431 plays
- We Heard the Fireworks - 6,964 plays
- The Pull - 4,988 plays
- Strawberries - 4,459 plays
- Strange - 4,519 plays
- Summer Has Gone - 4,891 plays
- Kaleidoscope Eyes - 4,542 plays
- butterscotch - 3,755 plays
- You Were Mine - 3,373 plays