2 Shouts - 19,251 Scrobbles
Figgy Duff was a Canadian folk-rock band from Newfoundland. They played a major role in the Newfoundland cultural renaissance of the 1970s and 80s. Formed in 1976 by Noel Dinn, who named the band after a kind of traditional white pudding, Figgy Duff travelled across Newfoundland, learning traditional songs. They performed with some distinct elements of rock and roll. They began working with Island Records early, though the album that resulted has yet to be released. Instead, they released their independent self-titled debut album: Figgy Duff (1980).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Henry Martin - (5:36) - 139 plays
- Weather Out the Storm - (4:50) - 49 plays
- Rumbolt - (4:53) - 12 plays
- Woman of Labrador - (2:25) - 11 plays
- Breakwater Boys Breakdown - (2:01) - 9 plays
- Geese in the Bog - (2:43) - 7 plays
- Rosy Banks of Green - (4:41) - 5 plays
- Emile's Reels - (2:02) - 6 plays
- 4-Stop Jigs - (3:03) - 7 plays
- A Sailor Courted a Farmer's Daughter - (4:37) - 7 plays