0 Shouts - 616,651 Scrobbles
There are at least 3 bands named Fields:Read More...
1) A Los Angeles outfit, they were previously known as ESB - Electric String Band. Their eponymous album from 1969 is heavy rock with some psychedelic influence, was produced by ex-Merry-Go-Rounder Bill Rinehart, ESB may previously have been W.C. Fields Memorial Electric Band.
2) A trio formed from diverse musicians from other groups such as KING CRIMSON and RARE BIRD, which managed one sole album. FIELDS is named after Graham Field, founding member of RARE BIRD and was responsible for many of the better tracks of the first two albums. After his departure RARE BIRD will change sound rather drastically veering towards a faster tempo rock with funky grooves. As for FIELDS, this is a keyboard-led trio with bassist Alan Barry singing but also playing guitars (although very discreet) but also adding some Mellotron lines. Rounding up that trio is Andy Mc McCullough who had played on KC's Lizard album and we will find him holding the drums stool for GREENSLADE later that year.
3) Fields are an Anglo-Icelandic electronic/indie band formed in London comprising Nick Peill (Vocals/Acoustic Guitar/Keyboards), Þórunn Antonía (Vocals/Keyboards/Synths), Henry Spenner (Vocals/Drums), Matty Derham (Bass Guitar) and Jamie Putnam (Electric Guitar).
In early 2006 the band played their first live shows. This sparked a furious bidding war amongst UK record companies. They eventually signed a unique deal with Atlantic Records which allows them to keep releasing records through their own Black Lab Records set-up as well as Atlantic. They are set to record their debut album with legendary producer Michael Beinhorn who has produced the likes of Herbie Hancock, Korn, Mew, Soundgarden and Marilyn Manson.
The band released their debut album, Everything Last Winter, on April 2, 2007.
Fields is set to release thier 2nd album in March 09, the album will be entited Hollow Mountains
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Song For The Fields - 95,066 plays
- Charming The Flames - 56,744 plays
- If You Fail We All Fail - 46,575 plays
- you brought this on yourself - 34,254 plays
- The Death - 33,876 plays
- Feathers - 30,302 plays
- You Don't Need This Song (To Fix Your Broken Heart) - 29,072 plays
- Parasite - 25,769 plays
- Schoolbooks - 29,107 plays
- Skulls And Flesh And More - 28,877 plays