Fields of the Nephilim
583 Shouts - 4,082,658 Scrobbles
Fields of the Nephilim is a gothic rock band, active throughout the 1980s. They formed in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK in 1984. Carl McCoy, Gary Whisker, Tony Pettit and brothers Paul Wright and Alexander 'Nod' Wright were the starting lineup. Peter Yates joined by the time of their first release, replacing Gary Whisker. The band's name refers to magnetic fields and the biblical Nephilim race. Their sound was innovative in the gothic scene, incorporating heavy metal elements to make a hard, bass and guitar driven sound underneath McCoy's growled vocals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moonchild - (5:39) - 10,942 plays
- For Her Light - (4:15) - 8,857 plays
- Preacher Man - (4:52) - 6,811 plays
- Last Exit for the Lost - (9:45) - 6,940 plays
- Love Under Will - (7:34) - 6,257 plays
- Chord of Souls - (5:08) - 5,262 plays
- At the Gates of Silent Memory - (8:25) - 5,855 plays
- Endemoniada - (7:14) - 4,852 plays
- Submission - (8:28) - 4,800 plays
- Wail Of Sumer - (6:24) - 5,228 plays