Fields of the Nephilim
550 Shouts - 3,544,105 Scrobbles
Fields of the Nephilim is a gothic rock band, active throughout the 1980s. They formed in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK in 1984. Carl McCoy, Gary Whisker, Tony Pettit and brothers Paul Wright and Alexander 'Nod' Wright were the starting lineup. Peter Yates joined by the time of their first release, replacing Gary Whisker. The band's name refers to magnetic fields and the biblical Nephilim race. Their sound was innovative in the gothic scene, incorporating heavy metal elements to make a hard, bass and guitar driven sound underneath McCoy's growled vocals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
Well it's a righteous dream
But out of mind, yeah
- LyricsHow lonely you are waiting at the sunday park
I'll elude you, I will lose you
Existing were no soul apart
You stand on a platform
Your effigy dissolves in my hands
- LyricsWell he talks in confusion
And he faults your point of view
You talk about his apparition
And he talks, I hear him laughing at you
Contamination and radiation
- LyricsWould you pay life's pleasures to see me?
Does it hurt for I want you to remain?
I run your hair through in another decade
Summerland holds me in Sumerian haze
Pain in places where the lovers mourn
- LyricsI need to be alone tonight smother me or suffer
Lay down I'll die tonight smother me or suffer
When I'm gone wait here discover all of life's surprises
When I'm gone wait here I'll send my child my last good smile
If you pass through my soul tonight gather all his troubles
- And There Will Your Heart Be Also - (7:35) - 7,088 plays
- Power - (4:09) - 5,197 plays
- At the Gates of Silent Memory - (8:25) - 6,218 plays
- Chord of Souls - (5:08) - 5,432 plays
- Wail Of Sumer - (5:39) - 6,338 plays